Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Of late.

Perth Cityscape

It is hot. The weather site tells me that it is currently 35 degrees. It is also very dry, making it much more bearable than the same temperature would be back home. I'm sitting outside under the shade of the verandah enjoying the warm breeze and sipping on a coffee.

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks - for no particular reason other than that I've been busy getting used to my new job. The marked copies of my thesis finally arrived after touring New Zealand trying to find me for a month or so before getting shipped to Australia. I was really nervous about having to go through them and was pleasantly surprised that the required changes were minimal (compared to feedback I've had in the past) and I was able to get through the majority of them in a couple of hours.

Working as a receptionist has been great. It's something that I've not done before so I'm enjoying doing something new, meeting new people, and only having to work during business hours (I go home at 5 and have weekends off!!! Amazing!!!).


The other weekend I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours wandering around the Kalamunda Markets.

Kalamunda Markets

*****

Ok, I really suck at pumping out these posts! I did manage to finish this off earlier, but it somehow deleted itself. So we've skipped forward a few days to Tuesday, where I am tucked up in bed with a wheat pack as I can't find a hot water bottle. Not too sure what happened to the hot weather, but I'm assured that it will be back with a vengeance in no time. Neato. 

Right, back to the markets. It was a gorgeous day and I really enjoying wandering around looking at the stalls. I managed to pick up some earrings for Emma (for her birthday) and myself (because I could).

Froggy birthday card!



I also went for an outing to Kings Park. It rained on us so we didn't stay as long as I'd have liked - but I have high hopes for picnics in the park in the not-so-distant future. 

Lookout over Perth city

Kings Park

We also made a very brief stop at one of Perth's famous beaches (I have no idea which). It's stunning, but things like this happen which make me think I might stick to swimming in the pool at my house!




"thongs" - tee hee

Hope everyone is well back home/wherever you are!

xoxo Hollie



No comments:

Post a Comment